About Mallzee: Who we are & what we do
Mallzee is the UK’s leading multi-retailer fashion shopping app, and the original ‘Tinder for Fashion’. Our app helps 1.5 million users find, compare, save and buy clothes quickly and easily from hundreds of high street retailers. Based on the insights from user opinions on thousands of products, we work with industry-leading retailers to help them improve their merchandising and buying functions, using tens of millions of product ratings generated from the Mallzee app every month. In the coming years, Mallzee aims to change the apparel industry by moving brands and retailers past gut-feel decisions, by bringing consumer preferences into the heart of their decision-making processes.
Founded in Edinburgh in 2013, Mallzee has raised 4 rounds of investment and grown to a team of 26 based at our city centre offices. We’ve won a range of awards from leading tech publications, been featured in press articles around the world and seen Business Insider select us as one of the hottest startups in Scotland. Mallzee offers a forward-thinking, fun-loving and collaborative team environment where all voices in the team and of our users are heard. Across the company, our focus is on building a global tech business that everyone is proud to work for, and that changes an industry which desperately needs help.
The Role: UX Researcher at Mallzee
The product team sits at the heart of development at Mallzee. We work hard to make sure our revolutionary mobile shopping app solves real problems for all our users, and offers a great user experience to boot. As a UX researcher at Mallzee you’ll join our team of app, web and back-end data developers, designers, data scientists and product managers, and play a vital role in figuring out exactly what problems we need to solve next for the thousands of users active in our app every day.
What you will be working on
As a core part of the team, your primary job is to help us understand our users better. You’ll identify and analyse user pain points and behaviours, and figure out how we can solve their problems. From user research, usability testing, data analysis and feedback, you’ll understand and communicate the user needs to the rest of the business. You create innovative solutions by working on user flows, journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes, testing and iterating at the right time.
The larger picture is important to you. You understand the business requirements and technical limitations, and you work closely with our data, marketing and sales teams to share insights, gather information and learn more. You are not afraid to speak up to make sure we make better decisions, and you spend all your time ultimately trying to deliver world-class solutions users love, and keep coming back to.
Your skills and experience means that you are:
- Someone who puts the user front and centre of everything you do
- Curious, interested, data-driven and excellent at communicating insights
- Experienced with usability testing and user research (qualitative and quantitative), and well versed in analytics platforms
- Familiar with wireframing and prototyping software like Sketch and InVision
- Aware of mobile UX and design patterns and device-specific requirements
- Great at giving and getting feedback, especially when testing, iterating and delivering quality designs
- Familiar with app and web development processes and agile working
- Obsessive about covering all aspects of the mobile and web UX experience, from big picture to micro-copy
As a person, you are also:
- Always challenging yourself and others to make better experiences for our users
- Passionate about making great products that work well for everyone
- Self-driven, staying up to date with the latest research and technologies
- A natural at taking ownership of your tasks and managing your time
- Used to showing leadership in your role, working closely with your own team as well as the rest of the company
- Creative and analytical, with a systematic approach to take your ideas to reality
We have high expectations of our team. In return, we offer a great environment where people thrive, develop and grow - professionally and personally.
We offer you:
- A chance to make a real difference to millions of users and top retailers
- A great team environment with talented colleagues, working on the latest tech
- A competitive salary, based on experience and potential
- A shiny new Mac with the software you need to work
- Access to staff share options pool
- Show & Tell Fridays with drinks and snacks
- Free team lunch every month
- A yearly retreat with the whole company
- A generous training budget and personal development
- A central, well-kitted out office in the heart of Edinburgh
- Lots and lots of cake...
How to apply:
To come join the team at Mallzee, tell us why you want to work with us and what makes you the right person to take us to the next level of our journey. Please attach your CV and your portfolio of previous work so we can see specific examples of things you’ve done that have had a significant impact on users and businesses. We’d love to hear about how you’ve achieved this in a B2C consumer environment - ideally within e-commerce, but if you have a different background and think you can make a difference, then let us know!
No recruiters, please - we're managing our recruitment process directly with the right candidates.