Digital Marketing Manager
Who are we?
Mallzee is the UK’s leading multi-retailer fashion shopping app, and the original ‘Tinder for Fashion’. The app helps people find, compare, save and buy clothes quickly and easily from hundreds of high street retailers. This approach now sees our users rate tens of millions of products every month.
Based on this success and the unique product preference data generated, in early 2017 we launched a series of B2B retail insight products; Product Intelligence - helps retailers understand the real time performance of their product ranges to make better informed merchandising, marketing and stocking decisions. Product Future actually enables retailers to predict future best and worst sellers prior to ordering stock, helping them significantly improve profitability.
Founded in Edinburgh in 2013 Mallzee has raised 4 rounds of investment and grown to a team of 23 based at our city centre offices. We’ve picked up a range of awards from leading tech publications, featured in press articles around the world and seen Business Insider select us as one of the hottest startups in Scotland.
What’s our vision?
Our vision is two fold; our award winning personalised shopping app is already market leading and we continue to iterate on this to always deliver the best possible user experience. We’re now working with high street retailers to help them improve their marketing, merchandising and buying functions using the tens of millions of product ratings generated every month.
We’re doing this with a forward thinking, fun loving and collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
The Role: Digital Growth Manager
As a Digital Growth Manager you’ll be responsible for delivering strategic growth results - against targets for usage, user types and campaign delivery speed. Our marketing has traditionally been a mix of content, community building, product innovation and paid marketing activity, but we are keen on innovation, new ideas and creative campaigns that help us achieve our ambitious goals. We’re strong believers that you should always be innovating so nothing is off limits!
You’ll have day-to-day management of a marketing team of 3, and you will report directly to Cally, our CEO.
Mallzee works with objectives and key results across the business, which means that you’ll often be working with people from other teams to focus on improving a specific part of our business.
This is a role all about growth, your own personal and also growing our user base into the millions around the world, all whilst generating the data that truly changes how the retail world operates.
No two days will be the same, but you’ll always be focused on how to improve performance, communicate with our current and potential users and deliver against ambitious targets that drive real benefit for the business.
For a keen and ambitious individial this is the ideal opportunity to make a mark on the retail landscape, both from a consumer and retailer perspective - in an environment that will support your growth.
- Strong analytical skills (Localytics/Braze/Google Analytics)
- Creative approach to marketing that focuses on the end result
- Experience of building persona and user driven marketing campaigns
- Strong experience of Facebook/Google/Apple ad platforms (Acquisition/Retention)
- Previous exposure to email marketing
- Experience of marketing a digital product direct to consumers
- Ability to build an engaged community online
- Test driven approach to new techniques
- Experience in working with a technical team to implement new features and marketing improvements
- Minimum 3 years in Digital Marketing
- Previous management experience
- Background in marketing mobile apps is a major plus
- Team player: as a small company we expect everyone to work closely together
- Strong leadership skills: with a team of 3 you’ll be expected to develop your colleagues and help them deliver our ambitious goals
- Always curious: you’ll always be wanting to try new concepts and marketing ideas
- Mission driven: you’ll have a strong focus on the end goal and on delivering the results to get there
- Initial CV and Phone Screen
- In person interview
- Creative and Analytical Marketing Task
- Team Interview
Application closing date - 22nd June
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for staff share options depending on performance
- Team lunch every month
- Yearly team retreat
- Training budget
- Central and well kitted out office
- Fizz Fridays
- Continual development and exposure to multiple parts of a fast growing tech company